Monday, August 3, 2020

"The Crowing" from IKSSE:3

This week I'm doing something a bit different! My pal Julien Bigras recorded an awesome version of the drums for The Crowing and we decided to put some bass to it and release this as a "bass and drums only" cover. I hope you enjoy it!

You can find Julien here:
IG/FB: @julien.bigras

This is my favorite song from In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. It has a lot of very cool parts, lots of sections that are catchy, and of course some great creative playing by Mic Todd who does a great job of following the guitars at times and doing his own thing as well. 

We played the entire song to the same tempo so it does sound a bit different at parts where in the original it seems to slow down a little, and I admit that I had to really focus on keeping the timing because I'm so used to hearing and playing along with the original. 

I also had a few issues with Julien's and my video going out of synch because they were recorded with different devices and different frame rates, so I had to do a little bit of editing to line up my video again about half way through.

I might try to do more bass & drums videos since it works great for hearing how the two parts interact with each other. What do you think?

You can find the bass transcription on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment